Community InformationFredericksburg City, VA
Community information is not available.
- Fredericksburg Fire Department
- Fredericksburg Police Department
- Fredericksburg Treasurer The Treasurer's primary responsibilities are the collection and disbursement of all City funds
- Virginia State Police
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management Protecting the lives and property of Virginia's citizens from emergencies and disasters by coordinating the state's emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery efforts
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs
- Children's Hospital of Richmond offers 36 inpatient beds, a Transitional Care Unit and two operating rooms all for children
- Culpeper Regional Hospital Opened in 1960, Culpeper Regional Hospital (CRH) is a full-service 70-bed hospital offering an emergency department, coronary-intensive care, oncology, cardiology, gastroenterology, medical surgical unit, outpatient surgery, home health and hospice, psychiatric care, social workers, physician referrals and corporate wellness programs
- Fauquier Hospital
- Medi Corp Health System MediCorp Health System works each day to earn the trust of the community by consistently providing high-quality, comprehesive care services
- Potomac Hospital is a 153-bed, not-for-profit community hospital serving Prince William County
- Pratt Medical Center
- Virginia Department of Health Mission: to improve health through disease prevention, health promotion and environmental protection
- Lake Anna State Park The park lies adjacent to Route 601 off Route 208, 25 miles southwest of Fredericksburg and 55 miles northwest of Richmond
- Leesylvania State Park is located in the southeast area of Prince William County, approximately 25 miles from Washington, D.C. and Fredericksburg
- Mason Neck State Park The park boasts several hundred acres of hardwood forests consisting of oaks, holly, hickory and other species of trees. In addition, several wetland areas are also found in Mason Neck
- National Monuments and Historical Parks
- Shenandoah National Park
- Bill Harris's Gallery Local artist Bill Harris' on-line gallery
- Civil War Life - The Soldiers' Museum Fredericksburg's newest, largest and finest Civil War museum and Historical Attraction
- Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center
- Fredericksburg Festival of the Arts "This federally registered non-profit organization hosts the annual Fredericksburg Music Festival (June), the Virginia Opera for Young Audiences (Jan.); the Young Artists Showcase (Apr.); International Children's Series (Sept.); Shakespeare Weekend (Nov)
- Hartwood Winery
- James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library
- Riverside Center Riverside Dinner Theater and Comference Center
- Amtrak runs trains from Fredericksburg to most anywhere, including DC. Trains can be caught at any of the VRE stations
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is located 30 miles east of Washington and offers a full range of domestic and international flights
- Greyhound Bus
- James River Bus Lines
- Richmond International Airport is the closest airport to Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, and Stafford
- Shannon Airport is located about 2 miles south east of Fredericksburg. Shannon Airport is used by private and corporate aircraft
- Stafford Regional Airport is owned and operated by the Stafford Regional Airport Authority - an independent authority comprised of representatives from Stafford and Prince William Counties, and the City of Fredericksburg
- The Train Brain is a website that animated the schedules and route of the VRE and Amtrak trains in the local area
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE) provides commuter rail service from the Northern Virginia suburbs to Alexandria, Crystal City and downtown Washington, D.C
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Washington DC Commuter rail and bus system
- Culpeper Regional Hospital
- Martha Jefferson Hospital- Charlottesville is a not-for- profit community hospital serving Charlottesville, Albemarle and the surrounding counties in Central Virginia. With a medical staff of 350 physicians, Martha Jefferson Hospital provides comprehensive medical and surgical services
- Mary Washington Hospital This 412-bed, acute-care medical center is home to many of our most important services, like cardiovascular care, surgical services, radiology services, diagnostic tests, and emergency care
- Orange County's Health Department provides a variety of services, including medical clinics, environmental health services, dental services, immunizations, and administration of the WIC program
- Orange County Nursing Home Orange County operates a full-service nursing home and home for adults within the town of Orange. The nursing home was established in 1970 to provide long-term care for older area residents
- County Administrator
- Emergency Services blend volunteers and professionals to serve the citizens of Orange County. County residents rely on the highly-trained skills of the volunteers who serve in the various fire departments and rescue squads
- Court Services
- County Treasurer Responsible for the receipt and collection of revenue, the safekeeping of revenue, and the appropriate accounting for and disbursement of revenue
- Orange County Public Library was founded in 1903 to provide free library service to the citizens of Orange County, Virginia and its adjoining counties
- Lake Anna State Park has more than 13 miles of hiking trails, lakeshore picnicking, a guarded swimming beach, a children's play area, a boat ramp, a food concession stand, a bathhouse and a children's and handicapped fishing pond
- Lake Orange provides numerous facilities with a concession that provides boat rental, bait and tackle. Picnic facilities, including a shelter, tables and grills, make for an enjoyable family outing
- Shenandoah Hills Campground is the most amazing and wonderful place. You can laze away the days by the pool or take a luxuriating nap in the shade. If you're feeling frisky, venture into the surrounding area and discover the magnificence of the Blue Ridge Mountains and all they have to offer including horseback riding, hunting and fishing
- Shenandoah National Park lies astride a beautiful section of the Blue Ridge Mountains, which form the eastern rampart of the Appalachian Mountains between Pennsylvania and Georgia
- Somerset Golf Club is a challenging 18 hole course set along the banks of the Rapidan River.
- Art and Entertainment in Orange County
- Montpelier Wine Festival
- Orange County Wineries is the largest grape producer in the Commonwealth and home to award-winning wineries
- Shenandoah Crossing The resort is located in Central Virginia which is known for its historic battlefields, picturesque farms, old churches, and aristocratic homes
- Skydive Orange hundreds of tandem freefall, static line, and AFF freefall skydives are made every year at Skydive Orange, Virginia
- Sheriff's Office dedicated to enhancing the quality of life by maintaining order, protecting life and property, and reducing the fear of crime.
- Stafford County Administration Office is responsible for the overall administration of the county government.
- Stafford County Attorney provides the Board of Supervisors, its agencies and commissions, the County Administrator, his staff and departments, and the constitutional offices professional and timely legal representation and advice
- Stafford County Courts and Legal Services
- Stafford County Office of the Treasurer
- Mary Washington Hospital This 412-bed, acute-care medical center is home to many of our most important services, like cardiovascular care, surgical services, radiology services, diagnostic tests, and emergency care.
- Potomac Hospital offers a wide range of medical specialties, a highly qualified medical and clinical staff, and state-of-the-art technology required to uphold our mission.
- Central Rappahannock Regional Library The collections of the main branch and the North Stafford Branch of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library include over 200,000 volumes of books, magazines, records, video and audio cassettes and other materials.
- Department of Parks and Recreation
- Hope Springs Marina is a full-service marina located on a protected section of beautiful Aquia Creek, offering 180 deep water slips, 4 deep paved ramps and 700 feet of sandy beach just minutes from the Potomac River.
- Lake Curtis is a 91-acre, Department-owned lake in Stafford County. The lake has an abundance of standing timber, providing fish with "structure." It is on the boundary of Curtis Memorial Park, a facility that has tennis courts, a swimming pool, a golf course, grills, and picnic tables. Several new fishing pier "bulkheads" were recently added adjacent to the Department's parking lot.
- Stafford Regional Airport Designed to maximize the safe and efficient movement of aircraft, the Stafford Regional Airport facility includes a 5000-foot by 100-foot instrument runway with full parallel taxiways, Jet-A and Av-Gas fuel storage facilities, and 25 acres of paved aircraft parking aprons.
- Amtrak Trains
- Commuter Connections is a regional network of transportation organizations coordinated by the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.
- VRE provides commuter rail service from the Northern Virginia suburbs to Alexandria, Crystal City and downtown Washington, D.C. The VRE Operations Board, consisting of seven commissioners - three each from NVTC and PRTC and the Director of the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (VDRPT), oversees all operating aspects of the Virginia Railway Express.
- Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission
- Aquia Harbour Yacht Club is a recreational boating group that strives to promote safe boating practices through education for its members and the community. Established in 1975, the club has strived to meet its mandate of boating safety, education, the environment and fun.
- Hartwood Winery
- Potomac Point Winery
- The Gari Melchers Estate & Memorial Gallery is the former residence of the American figure painter Gari Melchers (1860-1932). The museum consists of the artist's home, studio and gardens.
- Aquia Church Built between 1751 and 1757 in the shape of the Greek Cross, Aquia Episcopal Church is considered one of the most significant colonial churches in America. It is noted for its three-tiered pulpit and Aquia stone trim. It served as a parish church, established by the colonial government and was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War.
- Historic Kenmore and Washington's Ferry Farm Tours at George Washington's Ferry Farm are self-guided. You may spend as much time on the grounds and in the visitor's center as you like during our open hours.
- Riverside Center Dinner Theater & Conference Facility
- Cavalier Family Skating Center Roller skating and blading on a maple wood surface - fund for all ages. Skate rentals, pro shop, snack bar, party rooms, and video arcade available. Special large group reservations welcome.